Saturday, September 26, 2015

Wow! So I am writing a blog apparently.  Is it strange that as I type this to the maybe ten people who will read this, all of them friends, I am actually really nervous?  I mean it's a computer screen it can't hurt me, well not physically anyway, but I am super nervous.  That's ok I've been nervous before I will live.  To start off with, I ramble it happens it will likely happen a lot especially at first.  I only know of three ways to write: I write emails to friends, essays, and scripts, so this will take some time to learn as it is not any of those.
This blog came about because I was angry.  The videos released about Planned Parenthood and their selling of baby parts paired with people being more angry about a lion being killed than babies being sold.  I was laying in bed filled with anger and trying to figure out a way to do something about it and the idea for this blog popped into my head. I do not believe the idea was mine.
I began to think about what I want this blog to be and God started to move in my heart I am a huge fan of Justice I believe in black and white, right and wrong, reward and punishment but as I began to think about this blog mercy began to stir in my heart.  I do not believe the two to be mutually exclusive but a proper balance is hard to achieve and mercy has rarely been the winner with me.  Also I realized that I, and many others, are tired of being so impotently angry and angry in general.  God wants us to enjoy our lives it won't be a cake walk it may not be easy and parts will be so bitterly heartbreaking we can't stand on our own but God truly wants His children to enjoy this life so while anger has it's place so does joy and happiness.  
All that said I don't know what exactly this blog will look like.  I do not know if we will discuss injustices and the sins of the day or if it will be good news stories to lift your spirits or a call to prayer battle or a funny light story to bring a smile.  Likely it will be all of those things with some grammar issues along the way.  I don't know exactly where we will go because I am not the leader here the leader here is God.  So if you would like to join me in following His lead please do it's sure to be one heck of a ride.
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment